I WANT IT, AND I WANT IT NOW!
When a hot product hits the market, this is what goes through the minds of many shoppers.
Let’s take a minute to think about Apple. Why is it that whenever Apple releases a new gadget, customers are lined up to try it out, purchase it, and talk about it? Apple is able to effectively do this because they have a go-to-market strategy along with excellent marketing.
When selling your home, it is no different. You need the right mix of marketing ingredients along with a go-to-market-strategy in order to have buyers beating down the door to purchase your home.
Here a 5 tips to do just that:
- Start with Certified Home Stager. Why hire a staging professional first? They can help you get on the right track in terms of what needs to be done to prepare your home for the market. They can provide recommendations for paint, repairs, upgrades, and even extend vendor discounts. They also can refer you to a top list of Realtors that know how to effectively market your home to sell fast.
- Hire a Top Realtor. All realtors are not created equally and run their businesses differently. You need a realtor that understands the importance of internet marketing and presentation. Beware if your realtor tries to take photos of your home with a cell phone camera, or if they rush you to list your home on the market before it is adequately prepared.
- Prepare your home for the market. Preparation is KEY when getting your home ready to be listed. Today’s buyers do not want to do any extra work and want move in ready homes. Understand the way that buyers perceive a home; for example, a clean home is perceived as a well maintained home. Forgo offering allowances for repairs and upgrades; if the work needs to be done, do it BEFORE you list the house.
- ONLY use Professional Photography. I repeat only use professional photography when putting your house for sale. Did you know that over 90% of buyers start their home search on the Internet? Good photos leave a lasting impression in the mind of buyers, and attract them to come see your home in person. I’m still very shocked at how many photographs on the MLS are of low quality. Professional photos are a simple way to gain a competitive advantage.
- Launch with an Open House. If you have seen HGTV Flip or Flop, you probably notice that when they list a home, they immediately have an Open House. To build anticipation and interest, your Realtor should host an Open House within the first 3 days that the home goes on the market. A good idea is to list the house on a Wednesday and host an Open House that weekend.
If you follow the tips above, by the time you host the Open House buyers will be flooding in and very anxious to put in offers. There’s nothing like being able to sit back and CHOOSE which offer you want to accept.